Righteousness by Faith

GOD. He beheld sin, lived amongst sinners, yet was without sin. He chose not to sin; what about you? Living amongst sinful men and women as the man Jesus Christ, God was tempted, but He did not fall. Today, if you will have faith in Jesus, He will help you overcome sin. Even in this cesspool of sin, you can emerge victorious!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Aenon Testimony

Make Anew
by Canny Tay Seyong Han
(This excerpt edited and adapted by the sdajb.blogspot.com administrator)


I was brought up in a Seventh-day Adventist home. I was baptized at the age of 15 simply because of my friends and the social activities at church. My understanding of Christianity was very superficial, though.

At 17, I started to smoke, drink, listen to rock music, watch movies, go discos and did all sorts of foolish things. I hated studying and told my parents to stop my education. I started work after Form 4 and my bad habits worsened in the working world.I was no longer a student, so I did anything I like.

I became an atheist, i.e. I did not believe in God. I attended church service all the same, but just to please my parents. The more I indulged myself in worldly excitement, the more depressed I became. Mine was a meaningless existence: there was nothing precious for me to look forward to in life. I felt so hopeless that suicide became attractive.

Late one night I returned from the disco. My heart was heavy, hopeless and empty. I was overwhelmed and cried out to God in prayer,

“God! Where are you? If you really exist in this universe……do something to prove to me that you exist!”

After the prayer, a small voice impressed my heart to look for a book I'd on the bookshelf. I found that book: a thin one entitled “National Sunday Law”.

I spent three weeks studying that book. I realized that God is real. How could all the prophecies be fulfilled with such accuracy?! I consulted the Bible to check the veracity of the book. Eventually I was convinced of God’s Word and prayed with an earnest heart, saying,

“LORD, now I know You are real. But my life is in such a mess. How shall I get rid of my evildoings? I cannot see my future. If you are able, please change my life……and I will serve you.”

Continue reading this entry >>




Click poster to enlarge

No comments: