Righteousness by Faith

GOD. He beheld sin, lived amongst sinners, yet was without sin. He chose not to sin; what about you? Living amongst sinful men and women as the man Jesus Christ, God was tempted, but He did not fall. Today, if you will have faith in Jesus, He will help you overcome sin. Even in this cesspool of sin, you can emerge victorious!

Friday, December 22, 2006

23/12 Sabbath: Good News or what?!


23/12 Sabbath: Good news or what?!
Adapted from a speech by Brother Anandan

Will the 2nd advent of Christ be good news to us, or not? Do you know that the Jews in the days of Jesus were 'Seventh-day Adventists'?

Yes, they were! They kept the seventh-day Sabbath and were waiting for the advent of their Messiah, who would liberate them, who would set them free; but when He did come, how was he received? By rulers, priests and scribes? Or by shepherds and Magi? Herod who sought Him wanted His life, not to worship Him! When He healed and fed, crowds gathered; but when the preaching got too hard, the crowds dispersed. He was welcomed into Jerusalem with shouts of 'Hosanna', but 5 days later impaled on a cross.

Weren't the prophecies correct? Did not the promised star appear over Bethlehem Ephratha? Did not the masses see John the Baptist point Jesus out as 'the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world'? Perhaps this was not the Messiah they wanted. Jesus did not fit their idea, their 'mould'; they had expected a conquering warrior, but got a humble servant. They couldn't handle the possiblity that the Messiah should be a Lamb, not a Lion. "This can't be the Christ?!" And they crucified him. Those were the Jews of the 1st century.

The Seventh-day Adventists of the 21st century could very well react with the same angst, disappointment and anguish at Christ's 2nd advent. We say we want Him to come back (and soon!), but do we really desire Him? Do you not know that one who does not desire the Lord and can not stand His righteousness will be destroyed by the brightness of His glory during His appearing in the sky? When He appears that every eye see Him, the wicked and ungodly will not be able to pin Him on a cross for a second time.

We who call ourselves 'Christians' had better be ready. When Jesus comes again, he won't be a Lamb -- as is popularly portrayed, timid and helpless in the arms of the Virgin Mary -- but the Lion of Judah. He'll be a King, arriving with the shout of the archangel, the cry of the trumpet and a fleet of angels.

Is the 2nd advent of Christ good news to us or what?! SDA

[22/12 Vesper: The Sabbath is here]

A Christian's Assurance
Forwarded by Chong Lee Poh and Robert Lee

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) SDA

No comments: